Our PSO Executive Board for the 2017-2018 School year is:
President: Mari Jo Clark
Co-Vice-Presidents: Marci Saucier and Stephanie Dieterich
Secretary: Sherri Conley
Treasurer: Bronwyn Beabeau
At-Large Communications Chair: Christine Kaercher
At-Large Community Outreach Chair: Traci Trigueros
At-Large Social Chair: Rachel Lund
At-Large Hospitality Chair: Teresa Hennessee
At-Large Homeroom Parent Liaison: Linda Sredzinski
Dad’s Club: Anuj Bhatnagar
Please refer to MySchoolAnywhere.com for contact information for the Board members.
A few of Archway’s Events during the year:
- Kindergarten “Meet and Greet” is an informal chance to bring your incoming kindergartner to meet the teacher and see the classroom. The PSO will be on campus selling Spirit Wear and Used Uniforms. The PSO Board members will also be in the breezeway to answer any questions that you have.
- Meet the Teacher Night is an open house style evening allowing you and your child to meet your child’s teacher; and a chance for your child to locate and organize his/her desk and to drop off all books and supplies before school starts.
- Curriculum Night is a more formal teacher lead introduction to the curriculum and classroom expectations. Children are not invited to curriculum night.
- Book Fair is a literary themed week, offering the chance to purchase new and/or used books through a PSO organized event. This is a fundraiser.
- Daughter’s Dance is a chance for the girls to take center stage with a special adult.
- Veritas 5K Victory Run is fun run open to the entire family. This is one of the events held in conjunction with Veritas Prep. Medals are awarded to the fastest runners in all age groups.
- Fall Festivitas is a fun community builder. The playground and grassy areas are turned into a carnival type setting with activities, such as a petting zoo and games, and food.
- Snowstorm promotes our annual AVPSO holiday giving program for faculty and staff. Rather than buying gift card or coffee mugs for the teachers, we ask that you contribute an equal value to what you would have spent in cash to a fund that will be distributed and gifted to the faculty and staff, on behalf of the parents, at an AVPSO hosted holiday luncheon
- The Son’s Event is the boys’ turn to have some fun.
- Athletic Field Day is an Olympic themed outdoor athletic event created and organized by Coach Caschetta. The kids adore this day and winning the gold is always on their mind.
- Art Walk is an open house style art exhibition of the students’ artwork during the year.
- Auction is the year’s biggest event. The Auction is organized and hosted by both Veritas Prep and Archway Veritas. Parents from both schools can enjoy an adult-only night of dancing and shopping with goal of having fun with other parents and raising money for the two schools. This event has helped to fund items such as an Archway library renovation, Prep’s scoreboard and athletic equipment.
- Music Fest is an on-campus outdoor music festival hosted by Prep, but welcome to all.
- Campout on Campus is the last big event on campus and is organized by Dads’ Club. Families can buy a “camping permit” to set up a tent and camp out in the football field. The evening frequently includes bonfires, movies and grilled food.
And there’s more…
Local restaurants frequently partner with our school to give back a portion of their proceeds during a certain timeframe. Information about these events will be included in weekly newsletters.
Night at the Auction
The auction is our biggest community event of the year! Together, families of Veritas Prep and Archway Veritas will raise the funds necessary to outfit a specific improvement in the school. If you are interested in helping, please contact email@example.com.